Community Cats are stray/feral cats who have grown accustomed to living outdoors. Some are friendly, but most are not and cannot live indoors. We do not accept feral cats to be euthanized, and trapping and removing cats does not solve the problem; instead it creates a vacuum effect which brings in more unaltered cats that will continue to breed to fill the spaces left open by those that were removed.
The best way to manage over-population and ultimately lower or eliminate the total number of stray cats in your community is through Trap/Neuter/Vaccinate/Return. Cats as young as 3 months old can be trapped, altered, vaccinated, and returned safely.
Thank you for caring about our community cats and being part of the solution.
AHS has a spay/neuter clinic for community and house cats exclusively from our service area. Appointments can be scheduled through our website here. If you live outside of our service area, please see the options below:
- Adams County SPCA – Gettysburg, PA
- Too Much of a Good Thing – Littlestown, PA
- Promise Animal League – Boonsboro, MD
- Fifty Shades of Furr – Hagerstown, MD
- Treehorse Veterinary Services – Biglerville, PA
- The Nobody’s Cats Foundation – Mechanicsburg, PA